Thursday, November 20, 2008

Prizes, Holidays and New Running Routes

Hello Team!

Three quick notes for you. 

 FUNDRAISING TIP:       

Happy Holidays to you and to the animals you’re helping!  Are you one of those people trying to simplify your life?  Are your closets filled with stuff?  Does your holiday wish-list read, “Please, no more STUFF?”  Here’s what I’m going to do:  Next week I’m going to ask all of my loved ones to please not go shopping for me.  I love that they think of me every year, and this year nothing would mean more to me than helping animals.  Please, Dad, donate to my page for The PETA Pack as my holiday gift!  J   My parents love PETA and I know they’ll donate happily.  My Aunt Linda, though…she’s still new to animal rights.  Instead of asking her to donate to PETA in general, I’ll ask her to become An Angel for Animals by sponsoring doghouses.   I’ll cheat a little bit with my sisters.  I’ll ask them to donate to PETA on my behalf and send me any clothes they don’t want anymore.  What can I say?  My best outfits have come from them.   

 PRIZE INFORMATION:

I’ve had several people ask me about the fundraising prizes.  Two of you even told me you wouldn’t accept them if you won, because you didn’t want PETA to be out the money!  Um, wow…THANK YOU!  All of us here at PETA are sort of in shock that you would be that thoughtful.  Thank you very much!  Here’s the good news:  The prizes won’t cost PETA anything.  I owe you an all an apology for not making that clear.  I guess I thought you all could read my mind.  The top three travel prizes were donated by the wonderful, generous, animal-loving company called Holiday Systems International.  PETA will not pay for them.  The owner of HSI donated these prizes in appreciation of your fundraising efforts. 

 NEW RUNS:

From Deedra, a PETA Pack runner in Norfolk, VA (PETA Headquarters):

This website allows you to find running routes in your city. It brings up maps and distances and sometimes reviews from other runners. So if people want to change up their run or need longer running routes as training progresses, they can check it out! The advertisements can be irritating, but I’ve still found it to be handy J

http://www.mapmyrun.com/   

 

Have a wonderful Thursday!   Are you icing?  Are you stretching?  

Alex

No comments: